***$15,000 Sign On Bonus and Relocation Assistance Available***
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The RN Associate Director of Oncology Research and Clinical Trials receives direction operationally from Associate Vice President and works collaboratively with physicians, primary and sub investigator, nurses, clinical research coordinators and regulatory personnel.
The RN Associate Director supports the overall vision of a Positive Patient Experience by achieving a positive balance of healthcare, cost outcomes and patient satisfaction. Sets Team Direction, resolves problems and provides guidance to members of own team, works collaboratively with external and internal team members. Ensures standards of care are implemented and compliance with all state and federal regulations, standards of practice, and company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the coordination and quality of care of patients in the Research Setting
- Implementation of programs designed to meet overall organizational and department goals
- Participate in the interview, selection, orientation and development of clinical & research staff
- Supervise/evaluate/educate clinical licensed and non-licensed staff for compliance with all Optum and UHG policies and procedures, state and federal regulations, and standards of practice
- Ensure and participate in the development and implementation of patient centered care plans
- Operates with various stages of clinical trials, establishing protocols and conducting research
- Support and implements new processes, supporting clinic and business initiatives
- Identifies and develops education/orientation plan for staff
- Effectively communicates and engages employees
- Conduct and engage lean standards & audits in workflow
- Review and manage staffing, quality reviews and interpersonal conflicts
- Collaborate with investigators and statistical consultants
- Screen and recruit subjects for clinical studies (Phase II, III, Interventional, etc.) (as needed as back-up to clinical research coordinator)
- Participate in Optum Cancer Research Institute
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of relevant nursing experience
- 2+ years of progressive management experience in healthcare
- 2+ years of Oncology experience
- 1+ years of Clinical Research experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 2+ years of Oncology OCN experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.