Location: New York, New York
The people of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) are united by a singular mission: ending cancer for life. Our specialized care teams provide personalized, compassionate, expert care to patients of all ages. Informed by basic research done at our Sloan Kettering Institute, scientists across MSK collaborate to conduct innovative translational and clinical research that is driving a revolution in our understanding of cancer as a disease and improving the ability to prevent, diagnose, and treat it. MSK is dedicated to training the next generation of scientists and clinicians, who go on to pursue our mission at MSK and around the globe. One of the world's most respected comprehensive centers devoted exclusively to cancer, we have been recognized as one of the top two cancer hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report for more than 30 years.
In compliance with applicable State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. Requests for medical exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required to start work.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster two months after completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19. Because vaccine-induced immunity can wane over time, MSK continues to strongly urge all staff to get a COVID-19 booster as soon as they become eligible to maintain their protective immunity for a longer period.
Reporting to the Division of Finance, we are recruiting an Associate Director, Hospital Financial Operations to direct financial management of assigned hospital areas to ensure alignment with the vision, mission, and values of MSK.
As Associate Director, you will act as a trusted advisor on all financial matters to Finance leadership, Departmental Chairs, SVPs, Sr. Directors, and other hospital leaders. This position directly influences academic and clinical operations and provides consultation and participates in decision making that influences departmental strategic priorities.
- Ensure compliance of MSK Finance and Accounting policies and procedures across the area of responsibility.
- Coordinate and directs complex internal/external audits.
- Oversee preparation of multiple departmental budgets and ensure that the departments operate in compliance with allocated funding.
- Evaluate feasibility and business case of program proposals.
- Provide strategic financial oversight and coordination of annual budget planning, long-range planning, business planning for departmental/enterprise-wide initiatives, capital planning and tracking, and care affordability/performance management across multiple departments.
- Plan, organize and direct all strategic activities for the area of responsibility related to staffing, including: hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions and continuing education initiatives.
- Business and Financial Planning, Budgeting and Business Analytics, Ongoing Review, Reporting and Monitoring
- Ensure reliable flow of financial data and information to allow Departmental and Division Leaders to effectively manage the financial performance of their areas of responsibility.
- Work closely with the Corporate Accounting team on the Month-End Close process by providing timely departmental insights and data. Oversee all technical and professional charges to ensure accuracy.
- Serve as an ongoing partner to Finance leadership, Chair, Division Head and other leaders for identifying and resolving financial issues, communicating information and/or facilitating required actions.
- 10+ years hospital finance experience including financial planning, revenue cycle, or accounting, in a complex healthcare system
- Proven experience with business planning, process improvement, long range financial forecast, financial modeling, budgeting and capital planning experience
- Excellent analytical, communication and relationship building skills
*Please note this is a hybrid role and requires flexibility to be on-site in NYC 2-3 days per week.
Please click to learn more about MSK's compensation philosophy.
Are you ready to learn more about our Benefits?
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.