Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Academic / Research
Nemours' Children's Health is seeking a Clinical Research Technologist II to join the team in Wilmington, DE.
The Clinical Research Technologist II works under the supervision of the BMAP Program Manager. Performs most assignments under minimal supervision and performs some assignments independently as discussed and approved by senior lab staff. This individual will perform an advanced research role in the CAP accredited Nemours Biobank and Molecular Analysis Program (BMAP). The Clinical Research Technologist II will conduct advanced specimen processing for both internally and externally funded projects of interest to the laboratory, including mononuclear cell extraction and tissue culture. Working in collaboration with BMAP Research Scientist and Senior Research Associate, this individual will also perform advanced molecular biology techniques including nucleic acid extraction and QC, RT-qPCR, and digital PCR. Basic specimen processing (plasma/serum isolation) will also be required. Additional responsibilities will include assisting in processing clinical trial specimens. Maintains both handwritten and computerized records of work performed. Assists in implementation of new laboratory protocols and processes, and with the maintenance and operations in the laboratory.
- Responsible for processing various biological specimens and utilizing databases for specimen tracking, following laboratory protocols and SOP's.
- Perform complex and advanced laboratory tests/cultures/specimen processing services in molecular biology, for research studies as per protocols.
- Function independently as assigned and assists in resolving issues in coordination with senior lab staff/PI.
- Performs laboratory functions consistent with CAP requirement.
- Assist in coordination with senior lab staff, the training and orientation of new laboratory staff.
- Engage in and actively follows the five Nemours Associate Core Competencies - Cultural Stewardship; Relationship Management; Commitment to Improvement and Quality; Effective Communication and Champions Change.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Three-five years experience