All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift: Monday to Friday 8 to 5 (hybrid position in office every other Thursday)
Location: 601 EAST ROLLINS STREET, Orlando, 32803
The role you’ll contribute:
The Senior Research Budget Specialist exercises objective and independent judgement in interpreting regulations, contract budgets, and in making research financial compliance recommendations, in collaboration with Principal Investigators, Researchers, Departmental Staff, and other ancillary staff, is responsible for analyzing and drafting complex clinical trial and grant budgets. The Senior Research Budget Specialist negotiates mutually satisfying terms and conditions for pharmaceutical sponsored, Cooperative group, and institutional clinical trials. The Senior Research Budget Specialist reviews and analyzes clinical trials protocols and applicable research-related documents to ensure appropriate cost, resource allocation and adherence to all applicable regulations and institutional standards. Works directly with leadership and stakeholders to assist in the development of templates and price files. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· In coordination with the Manager of Sponsored Programs Budgets and Clinical Trial Applications, orients, trains, provide guidance to new staff, as well as other Budget Specialists to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
· Work in partnership with the research study team to develop, negotiate and approve research study budgets and or billing grids consistent with research protocols, informed consent forms, and other related documents.
· Review and ensure coverage analysis are performed in compliance with all applicable regulations and institutional requirements.
· Performs analysis of research protocol study activities to identify routine costs of qualifying clinical trials.
· Serve as a knowledgeable consultant to guide team members and stakeholders on clinical research-related and administrative issues.
· Work with Manager of Sponsored Programs Budgets and Clinical Trial Applications in compilation of data for creation of complex reports and graphs on project timelines, budget analysis and goals to ensure optimal outcomes on a quarterly basis
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Healthcare, or a research-related field
· Minimum of three (3) years of experience in clinical research (industry/pharmaceutical and/or federal grants), billing compliance, budget development, research contract management, or research administration.
· Experience working with budgets, including developing reports, and presentation of financial information
· Experience with budget and/or research contract negotiation
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.