The Division of Cardiovascular Medicine is one of eleven divisions in the Department of Internal Medicine. Cardiovascular Medicine includes 37 clinician/researchers, 7 staff physicians, and ongoing faculty and staff physician recruitments. The division also has many researchers in Cardiovascular Medicine's missions include teaching, community and clinical service, and research. This position provides administrative support for all research related activities to Cardiovascular Medicine's faculty and research staff. The position is located on Davis Campus in The Grove. Job Summary
We offer exceptional employment benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, generous paid vacations and holidays, excellent retirement savings and investment plans, continuing education, and reduced fee and scholarship programs. THIS IS NOT AN H1- B OPPORTUNITY Responsibilities The Research Administrator position reports directly to the Division Manager who has oversight of the clinical, educational, and research activities for the Division of Cardiovascular Medicine. This position plays an integral role in the division as the manager of our contract and grant operations, providing expert and comprehensive financial, analytical and administrative oversight. This position works closely and collaboratively with faculty (principal investigators), trainees, and staff located on both the Davis and Sacramento campuses. This position serves as key pre-award and compliance expert in University Policy and Procedure for grants, contracts, and financial and personnel procedures as they relate to intra- and extramural funding. Independently gather, manage, and analyze award data from a variety of revenue streams, including federal grants, private grants, gifts, and other funding sources. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining research data associated with research awards. This position also works closely with Division Manager on all lab personnel-related issues including hiring, payroll, visa, etc and manages all actions independently. This position is also responsible for managing the Division physical facilities on campus that include space assignment and equipment inventory. Required skills include knowledge and experience in budget preparation, analysis, and forecasting with the ability to control complex budgets. Required Qualifications Applicants are encouraged to upload license and certification if required of the position.
|Final Filing Date || 04/14/2023|
|Salary Range || $23.66 $35.58|
|Salary Frequency || Hourly|
|Appointment Type || Career|
|Number of Positions || 1|
|Percentage of Time || 100%|
|Shift Hour || 08 Hours|
|Location || The Grove|
|City || Davis|
|Union Representation || Yes|
|Benefits Eligible || Yes|
- Interdepartmental pre-and post-award experience.
- Experience in budget preparation and guidelines for Federal, State, and Private granting agencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal and private grant budgeting, financial reporting, and policies regarding the use of grant funds. Ability to convey recommendations clearly to principal investigators, managers, and staff to ensure compliance with the policy. Ability to make immediate appraisals of compliance with proposal guidelines/regulations and acceptability of award conditions and determine whether matters need to be brought to the attention of the principal investigators.
- Advanced demonstrated knowledge of electronic grant applications including eRA Commons, MyNCBI, Cayuse SP, Cayuse424, ProposalCentral, Fastlane, and Foundation portals.
- Advanced editing experience to write and comprehend scientific data for preparation of research grant proposals. Proofreading skills to identify errors and the ability to correct errors and produce error-free work.
- Knowledge and experience in budget preparation and guidelines for Federal, State, and private granting agencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to coordinate, produce, and execute contract/agreement and grant submissions to Federal, State, industry foundations, and various funding agencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to interpret, comprehend and comply with university, State, and Federal guidelines, policies, and procedures as it relates to the submission and management of contract and grant applications.
- Bachelors degree in a related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Knowledge of University accounting policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience in the effective use of multi-user computer network systems and applicable financial management software.
- Knowledge and experience in UC Path, Decision Support, and Kuali desirable.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and BelongingAt UC Davis, were solving lifes most urgent challenges to bring a fuller, healthier, and more resilient world within reach. We grow from every challenge we take on and we dont just maintain - we improve.We recognize that creating an inclusive and intellectually vibrant organization means understanding and valuing both our individual differences and our common ground. The most comprehensive solutions come from the most diverse minds and you belong here. As you consider joining UC Davis, please explore our Principles of Community, our Clinical Strategic Plan and strategic vision for research and education, and our latest efforts to outgrow the expected.The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
- This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
- The University of California has implemented a SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination Policy (ucop.edu) covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, employees must submit proof of vaccination or a University-approved exception or deferral.
var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucdavis_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$0');if (typeof(TextAreaObject) != 'undefined' && TextAreaObject != null) TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;